Depression: Survive With It or Without It
Depression has become a common problem among people nowadays. Getting rid of it is as important as eating food to survive! I know it’s not so simple to get rid of it that you read an article and get magically out of depression. But, sometimes it takes just one sentence to give you the inspiration to brush it aside! Here is a small guide to help you cope up with depression.
First of All, What is Depression?
It’s a state in which you even give up on something that’s rightfully yours. You value yourself less and as a result, expect less. Sometimes you go inside a shell when something hurts you, which might swing again. You feel lonely even when you’re with your friends.
Now, if you can relate to any point stated above, then you suffer from depression and it needs to be dealt with. Not that you won’t survive without dealing, but you will be happy if you do.
READ ALSO: Criticisms Are Challenges
Some tips to get rid of depression are:
1. Get into the habit of going out to a public place for at least 15-30 minutes daily and try to know minimum 2 people every day. Talk to them about anything in general, like- the meaning of their name, places they love in city, whether that day, or if you can think of nothing, talk about Modi Ji. *Hot topic indeed!*
2. Give half an hour to yourself, (your ‘me’ time) not for overthinking but for remembering the things you used to love in your childhood. Maybe think about a hobby like doodling, drawing, painting, singing, or dancing. Catch up with your hobby when you’re alone, and you’ll realize that having your own company is not that bad and being alone won’t always kill you.
3. Find some positive songs and add them to your playlist and delete ALL negative songs too! *Really important!* Some negative songs might be your favourite but they take you back to the low moments of your life and you drown into a melancholy *duh*. Delete negative songs, add some new ones and renew your playlist. ( You can ask me for some of them). Songs play a major role in healing!
4. Get the kids in your neighborhood some chocolates for a week, daily. And soon they’ll be your best stress busters! (They like jelly and lickables more than toffees). Everytime you step outside they’ll gather around you and fill your life with their positive energy.
5. Spare at least 15 SILENT minutes in nature, with your eyes closed, under the trees in the morning or under the stars at night or maybe near a seashore if possible. Nature heals. (Stars are the best healers imo, you can have a look at them even from your balcony!) .
If giving an hour of your day for doing such activities can improve your 24 hours, you definitely need to give it a try! At least start with a couple of activities stated above and you’ll see an instant positive change in your life. ❤️
Author: Sahil Sethi
I’m a very personalized writer. I like to put a lot of my emotions, experiences, and opinions into what I write. I like to write something that the other people can connect with or relate to in some way or the other.
When I write, I do come across some problems that tend to slow me down. Finding the right words is the hardest part. But, writing with patience is everything. ❤️